Re: Article in "Inside HigherEd"

Ken Coates's piece is not even called Information Overload, but
Knowledge Overload. This view of information and knowledge being
an overload, a burden, one encounters often. But knowledge
overload is a bit of a difficult notion for me. Though I do see
the problem of being able to deal with all the information and
knowledge that comes at us.

Instead of seeing the increasing amounts of knowledge available
as a problem, we should start seeing it as a serious opportunity.
If not, we should simply stop acquiring knowledge. Nobody in his
or her right mind would argue for that. But stopping to publish
knowledge that has been acquired is equally absurd. But of course
the tools to be able to navigate the ocean of knowledge need to
be built. That's one of the tasks we hope the Concept Web
Alliance and its members can take on. More on the Concept Web
Alliance here:

http:// conceptweblog.wordpress.com/

Jan Velterop