Re: Another Winning Article From OA's Chronicler

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Joseph Esposito wrote:

> The real thrust of the world of open access is neither green
> nor gold, but what I have termed "unwashed," the growing--world
> of material that is not peer-reviewed....
>
> The evidence is mounting that many advocates of open access have never
> actually used the Internet...
>
> Increasingly peer review will be post-publication, not
> pre-publication.  I suspect all this talk about Gold and Green
> is a waste of everybody's time.

Or could it be that some of the opponents of Open Access to the
2.5 million articles published annually in the planet's 25,000
peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific journals have never
actually done any scholarly or scientific research, hence never
published in a refereed journal, and never had any need to
consult one for their scholarly and scientific research?

Stevan Harnad