RE: OA in Legal Publishing: Durham Statement on Open Access to Legal Scholarship

That's not the way I read it, especially I believe this paragraph
implies:

Additionally, and potentially most importantly, a move toward
digital files as the preferred format for legal scholarship will
increase access to legal information and knowledge not only to
those inside the legal academy and in practice, but to scholars
in other disciplines and to international audiences, many of whom
do not now have access either to print journals or to commercial
databases.

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University