Re: Darnton on the Google settlement

I find it even more intriguing to ponder who will determine the
copyright status of the millions of research articles under
copyright, currently being published at the pace of 2 or 3
million a year. Is there a clarity of thought that these articles
will eventually enter the public domain and that someone,
sometime, must have information about the status of these
articles written by millions of authors?

Imre Simon
University of S=E3o Paulo, Brazil

David Prosser wrote:

> I find it amusing that Google is expected to determine the
> copyright status of millions of titles before they can be
> digitised, but it is apparently unreasonable to expect publishers
> to determine the copyright status of the titles they publish
> themselves!
>
> David Prosser
> SPARC

**

---2071850956-1703854098-1233789056=:27297--