BioOne Launches New Platform

Apologies for cross-posting

For Immediate Release: January 28, 2009
BioOne Launches New Platform

After nearly two years of concerted effort with its dedicated
partners, BioOne launched its new platform (www.bioone.org) on
Tuesday, January 27, featuring a new look and improved content
tools and features.  BioOne's upgraded platform is serviced by
Allen Press and powered by Atypon Systems.  BioOne embarked on
this project to bring new functionality and a more user-friendly
interface to all of its community members: researchers,
participating publishers, and subscribing libraries.

Among its many new features designed with our users in mind,
BioOne now includes personalized profiles through "My BioOne"
allowing for saved searches, favorite journals, and e-alerting
preferences, article and title-level tools such as RSS feeds,
related article and author searches, and toll-free linking.

The site now offers BioOne participating publishers previously
unavailable branding, customization, and promotional
opportunities, including dedicated informational pages for each
publication and society.

For BioOne subscribing libraries, BioOne is pleased to offer an
increase in core access and reporting functionality including
easy download of COUNTER statistics and MARC records, Open URL
compliance and Shibboleth supported access.

We invite you to log-on to BioOne (www.bioone.org) and see these
and other improvements for yourself.  We welcome and rely on your
feedback to continue to improve the site and better serve our
communities. Users at subscribing institutions will be
IP-authenticated as in the past.  To log-in to "My BioOne" and
access your profile, please enter your email address and the
password used on the previous BioOne site (for a reminder, please
contact helpdesk@allenpress.com).

On behalf of everyone at BioOne, thank you to all those
individuals and partner organizations that made this migration
possible, including, but not limited to Allen Press, Atypon
Systems, Portico, and Innodata-Isogen. The launch of the new
BioOne platform marks the culmination of many months of work for
our dedicated team. We hope that you find the end product worthy
of our collective efforts and a fitting home for essential
bioscience research.

###

About BioOne

Established in 2000, BioOne (www.bioone.org) is the product of
innovative collaboration between scientific societies, libraries,
academe, and the private sector, who seek a sustainable, mission-
driven alternative to commercial publishing. BioOne brings to the
Web a uniquely valuable aggregation of the full-texts of
high-impact bioscience research journals. Most of BioOne's titles
are published by small societies and not-for-profit publishers.
BioOne provides integrated, cost-effective access to a thoroughly
linked information resource of interrelated journals focused on
the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.

Lauren Kane
Director of Publisher Relations
BioOne
21 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800