Turpin Distribution Introduces Journal E-commerce Services

Biggleswade, UK, 26 January 2009, Turpin Distribution
(www.turpin-distribution.com) is launching a new comprehensive
and fully integrated e-commerce service for journal
subscriptions.  The new service will be open to all our journal
publishers and customers; it will provide a superior level of
functionality and ease of use for journals subscribers.

Customers will be able to search for titles across all Turpin's
publisher clients and view prices, by geographic region, type and
currency.  Once registered and logged in customers will then be
able to manage their account and subscribe to multiple titles in
one go.  The system enables libraries to:

-- Subscribe to one or more journals, collections and databases
using the secure shopping cart and pay securely online by credit
card.

-- View their order and transaction history for all orders placed
via the new site and manage their account, including multiple
ship-to addresses and change ship-to addresses with immediate
effect.

-- Select calendar year or anytime-start subscriptions, if
applicable, and select the start issue of an anytime-start
subscription.

-- Renew subscriptions and pay proforma invoices sent by Turpin
as part of the renewals process.  We will also be implementing
email renewal campaigns for 2009, customers will be able to
seamlessly link to the renewal page in their account with the
invoice number and access key information pre-filled for their
convenience.

Journal publishers will benefit from a higher level of customer
satisfaction through ease and speed of subscription procurement
and a simplified, faster renewals process which should reduce
false lapses.  They will also receive all the additional
marketing information provided directly by their customers via
the registration process, and as it is fully integrated, the
changes customers make through the account management system are
registered in our UK and US distribution centres and in our
publisher reports with immediate effect, ensuring that publishers
have the most up-to-date information about their customers as
possible.

Lorna Summers, Managing Director of Turpin said: "We are
delighted to be adding this service for our publishers which will
dramatically improve the subscription process. Publishers will
gain from libraries dealing directly with Turpin, from truly
up-to-date marketing information, and from a faster, more
efficient renewal process. We have enabled library customers to
have a much greater level of control over their subscriptions,
something which we are sure they will welcome.  The new
e-commerce system paves the way for further development and we
will be introducing new services for our publisher clients
throughout the coming year."

For further information please contact Chris Ingram, IS Director
at:  chris.ingram@turpin-distribution.com

About Turpin Distribution
Turpin Distribution was established in 1968 and has developed
into a major player in the book and journal distribution and
fulfilment industry.  We provide a bespoke range of services to
over 55 international publishers. Turpin caters for professional,
academic, scientific, technical, medical and not-for-profit
publishers.

Turpin provides customer care, order processing, billing with
account collection and full warehouse services on a global basis
with premises in both the UK and the US. We operate using the
publishers' own policies, prices, discounts and currencies.