Wiley Announces Online Books Agreement with YBP Library Services

Wiley Announces Online Books Agreement with YBP Library Services
Collaboration ensures seamless access to Wiley's vast Online
Books collection

Hoboken, N.J. - January 23, 2009 - John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE:
JWa), (NYSE: JWb), today announced a new agreement with YBP
Library Services, a Baker & Taylor company and the world's
largest provider of materials to academic libraries, by which
nearly 7,000 Online Books will be available on YBP's main
collection planning and acquisitions tool, GOBI  (Global Online
Bibliographic Information).

Under the agreement, YBP will add Wiley's full range of online
books, book series, and online reference works to its GOBI
database, enabling YBP's library customers to view and select
online books alongside print and e-books, with no change to the
library's existing workflow. The result will be a fully
integrated library acquisition process, from selection and
profiling to ordering and invoicing.

'We're very excited about this partnership,' said Reed Elfenbein,
VP, Global Sales and Marketing, at Wiley-Blackwell. 'YBP has a
reputation for excellent customer service and long-standing
relationships with all types of libraries, which will ensure the
broadest possible reach for our content. We have witnessed in the
past year an intensifying interest in online book content which
makes it essential for librarians to be able to acquire this
format seamlessly and we are delighted to now offer this
capability in partnership with YBP.'

Wiley's expansive Online Books program comprises high-quality
titles published from the 1940s to the present. The program
consists of books in the life sciences, physical sciences,
medicine, engineering, social sciences and humanities and
includes ground-breaking multi-volume book series and essential
reference titles available on Wiley InterScience.

The deal marks a milestone in the industry, making Wiley the
first large publisher to fully integrate its entire list of
online research books with one of the leading academic library
book distributors in the country. The partnership was formed to
address the growing need of libraries to discover and order book
content in the format of their choice using one consolidated
book-purchasing channel.

  'YBP is excited to expand our e-content offering with Wiley's
highly respected collection of online monographs and reference
works,' noted Linda Gagnon, Senior Vice President, eContent
Integration and Business Development, YBP Library Services. 'Our
customers want format choices and we are pleased to integrate
Wiley's Online Books format into GOBI collection development and
acquisitions tools, where it lives naturally next to its print
and ebook counterparts.'

'Collaborating with Wiley will help YBP Library Services fulfill
its mission to deliver the most respected and highest-quality
book content to academic libraries across the US regardless of
medium,' said George Coe, President, Library and Educational, at
Baker & Taylor. 'We welcome the alliance and look forward to a
productive association.'

Wiley plans to add approximately between 1500 and 2000 newly
published titles each year. To review the list of titles
available, or to inquire about access to Online Books on Wiley
InterScience, please visit:
www.interscience.wiley.com/onlinebooks or www.gobi3.com.