NY Times article

As the founder and sole member of Cheerleaders for University
Presses, I want to call attention to the article in today's New
York Times on Paul Offit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/13/health/13auti.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

Offit is the author of "Autism's False Prophets," published by
Columbia University Press.  The subject is the alleged link
between vaccination and autism.

I am not competent to comment on the matter under dispute (our
kids were vaccinated, but if they display autistic behavior, it
is only to my wife and me), but I was impressed to see this
university press bring the authority and mode of discourse of the
academy to a provocative social issue.  Society does not live on
talk radio alone.

Incidentally, when you Google for this book, the first link is to
the Facebook page that the Press set up.  Clever.

Joe Esposito