RE: batch download was RE: Olivia Judson

Someone here informs me that JHU is a special case - that we're a
beta tester for a new feature - so even if you're at an
institution with Scopus, YMMV.

With that said, you check the items in your reference list that
you're interested in and then click on download. You get the
Quosa Download Manager (which might actually have required a
download the first time, I forget). You then can specify a pdf
naming convention (default is: (Article Title)_(Pub Year)_(Jnl
Title).pdf)

It runs the download and lets you know the status.

Quosa is a stand-alone product to search and manage mostly biomed
literature.  It supports a little analysis.  It's a subscription
item and because of its biomed focus, we wouldn't have it if it
weren't for that little part of our institution in East
Baltimore.

BTW - I am in no way advocating the purchase of Quosa or similar,
but thought it was relevant to the conversation.

With that said, Mendeley is another service that does some of
what you're looking for.  Yes, wouldn't it be nice if there were
complete metadata available for all of the references I want to
deal with!

Christina K. Pikas, MLS
R.E. Gibson Library & Information Center
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Voice  240.228.4812 (Washington), 443.778.4812 (Baltimore)