Hindawi signs its first five Institutional Members

Press Release
November 27th, 2008

Hindawi signs its first five Institutional Members

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is pleased to announce that it has signed up the
first five members of its recently launched Open Access Institutional
Membership program. Authors from the following institutes are now able to
submit their work to any of Hindawi's 150+ open access journals without being
directly subject to any open access publication charges:

General Technologies, Vseobecne Technologie (GTVT)
Lund University
University of Calgary
University of Malaysia, Perlis (UniMAP)
Utrecht University

"Since announcing our Open Access Institutional Membership in August we have
heard from dozens of scientists and librarians who are interested in trying to
centrally fund open access publication charges for their institutes" said
Hesham Youssef, Hindawi's Business Manager. "We are currently in discussions
with a number of other institutes, and we hope to be adding several new members
in the coming months."

Hindawi's membership program is based on a flat rate payment that covers all
accepted articles that are submitted by an author from a member institute
during the period of the membership. The cost of the membership depends on the
level of research output of the institute and their historical publishing
pattern in Hindawi journals. Anyone who would like to receive a quotation for
their institute can do so by contacting:  memberships@hindawi.com.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development