From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Jonathan Harwell
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:14 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Any impact on 09renewal/sub due to current economical crisis

Yes, many US libraries are being forced to cancel subscriptions.
My library canceled over $60,000 worth of databases recently, and
we're preparing for a full review of all databases, periodicals,
and standing orders.  We are trying to hold onto the most
essential subscriptions, which means that we have not been able
to order many monographs.  I've heard similar stories from
librarians around the country this year.  See, for example, the
University of Georgia's journal cancellation list, with relevant
documents linked from the top of the page:
http://journals.galib.uga.edu/

Best regards,

Jonathan H. Harwell
Collection Development & Assessment Librarian
Zach S. Henderson Library
Georgia Southern University
Statesboro, GA 30460-8074
jharwell@georgiasouthern.edu