Query about 'active' status in Ulrichs database

Here's the reply I received from Ulrich's. Sally Morris
Email:  sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk

   _____

From: Kaplan, Laurie [mailto:Laurie.Kaplan@serialssolutions.com]
Sent: 14 November 2008 13:27
To: Sally Morris (Morris Associates)
Subject: RE: Query about 'active' status in Ulrichs database

Dear Ms. Morris:

Thank you for contacting Ulrich's. As of the end of October,
there were 225,619 titles with Active status in the Ulrich's
database. The "Active" indicator in Ulrich's signifies that a
title is currently being published. The status remains unchanged
until information is obtained from the publisher, or through our
independent research, indicating that the title has ceased, been
suspended, or its status has been otherwise altered, such as
through a merger or acquisition. Our six editorial staff members
update the status and other title information on an ongoing
basis, with each editor responsible for many US and non-US
publishers worldwide. Due to the volume of changes, the emphasis
is often on updating titles from the major academic and scholarly
publishers, but a variety of projects enable us to update
numerous collections of titles throughout the year.

We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this for you. Please
feel free to send any other questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laurie Kaplan Director,
Serials Editorial
Serials Solutions