Re: warranty of non-infringement and indemnification against claims

This is exactly the point. You aren't buying the content. You are
buying the right to use the content.  It's exactly the same
difference between buying a car and leasing it. In the latter
case you have a license/lease to ensure that you are not going to
damage what is actually THEIR property -- damage which you
concede is much easier in an electronic environment. There is a
world of difference between the damage caused by a rogue library
illegally photocopying a single article and a library that causes
your entire content to be copied 10,000 times over the Internet
and destroys the entire market for your product.

Karl Bridges
University of Vermont

Quoting bill@multi-science.co.uk: