From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Sally Morris (Morris
Associates)
Sent: 11 November 2008 22:22
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: How many (peer reveiwed) journals are there?

AS I pointed out in the original article, a subscription journal
which published no or hardly any articles would die because the
publisher would have nothing to sell.  An OA journal does not -
thus an effectively dead journal (or one publishing hardly
anything) can remain apparently on the 'live list' indefinitely.
Thus I think it would be highly unlikely that one would find a
similar percentage of subscription journals in a similar case.

Sally Morris
Consultant, Morris Associates (Publishing Consultancy)
Email:  sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk