Policy Studies Organization partners with Berkeley Electronic Press

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Policy Studies Organization partners with Berkeley Electronic Press to
publish its new journals

Berkeley, CA, November 10, 2008 - Berkeley Electronic Press
(bepress) is pleased to announce that it will partner with the
Policy Studies Organization (PSO) to publish a new collection of
PSO journals, and to provide additional online society services.

The new collection of peer-reviewed journals includes:

Policy and Internet - www.bepress.com/pso_internet
Poverty & Public Policy - www.bepress.com/pso_poverty
Crisis & Risk in Public Policy - www.bepress.com/pso_risk

These journals build on the success of established PSO titles,
such as Policy Studies Journal, and represent the next step for
PSO's journals publishing program.

Paul Rich, President of the Policy Studies Organization, said,
"PSO chose bepress because we need dynamic 21st century
publishing for our titles, and bepress knows where the internet
is taking scholarship. Sustainable pricing and fair access,
personal attention, a strong service orientation, and cutting
edge thinking were all big pluses for us, as are their
innovations for integrating journals in a larger continuum of
publishing services. Our members couldn't be happier."

The new PSO journals with bepress are part of a broader
initiative by the PSO and bepress to create an online showcase
for the PSO and its member community.

"bepress is pleased to add the new PSO journals to our society
publishing program," said Gordon Tibbitts, CEO of bepress. "We
have a decade's worth of innovative scholarly communication tools
and services that benefit societies and their members, and look
forward to the opportunity to enhance scholarly work in policy
studies."

The three new journals will launch with their first articles in
the Spring of 2009. For pricing and ordering information, please
email sales@bepress.com. To stay up to date with this and other
bepress journals news, sign up for news alerts at
http://works.bepress.com/bepress_journals. For more information
about bepress journals, visit http://www.bepress.com/journals.

About the PSO

The Policy Studies Organization is a non governmental, non profit
organization with the purpose to further research and
dissemination of scholarship in policy. We are a related society
of the American, Midwest, Southern and International Political
Sciences Associations, as well as of the International Studies
Association. PSO includes more than 3600 universities and
institutions in its membership as well as individuals in more
than 93 countries. From its headquarters in an historic house
near Dupont Circle in Washington, once the home of the families
of President James Garfield and the labor leader Samuel Gompers,
the society organizes conferences, seminars, the publication of
journals and books, and an increasing Internet presence.

For more information, visit http://www.ipsonet.org

About bepress

Founded by professors in 1999, Berkeley Electronic Press is both
a publisher of peer-reviewed electronic journals and a software
developer, having created Digital Commons, the world's leading
hosted institutional repository that powers the University of
California's eScholarship Repository, and those of over ninety
other universities, societies, and organizations. The company
produces tools to improve scholarly communication via innovative
and effective means of content production and dissemination.
bepress has a portfolio of products and services that reduce the
costs of and barriers to access.

For more information, visit http://www.bepress.com

For more information, please contact:
Alison Denby