Re: How many (peer reveiwed) journals are there?

Sally, I guess it is a while (2-3 years) since you last studied
the DOAJ. Just to inform the list (once again) the DOAJ-team at
Lund University Libraries Head Office on an ongoing basis review
all the journals (currently 3700+) on an ongoing basis in order
to check for compliance with the selection criteria, among other
things checking whether the journals are actually publishing
articles. This review process has caused removal of some 100
journals during the last couple of years.

Of course it is impossible with the available resources to check
the journals every day, but the team will eventually discover
whether journals have changed publishing model, copyright policy
etc. We appreciate all the feedback from the community which
helps us maintaining the quality of the service.

http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=membership

Lars Bjornshauge
Director of Libraries
Lund University