From: Susan Bate [mailto:susan.bate@MANCHESTER.AC.UK]
Sent: Friday, 7 November 2008 3:40 am
Subject: JAMA titles

We've recently been informed by our agent that our JAMA titles
(Archives of Dermatology, Archives of Internal Medicine etc) no
longer offer a 1-3 user licence for 2009. I quote:-

"Subscribers may register 1 IP address or 1 username and
password. This does not include proxy servers or wildcard IP
addresses. Both new and renewing subscribers will need to
register their IP address or username and password for 2009".

Any major Medical School has to have these titles, but the terms
on offer are frankly ridiculous. Are we expected to take our
subscriptions to multiple copies of these titles to obtain more
than one IP/username access? Talk about a retrograde step!

Not sure we can do anything about this, but if anybody has any
sensible suggestions we would love to hear them!

Best wishes

Sue Bate
Head of Serials
The John Rylands University Library