November issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter

* Announcement (cross-posted) *

I just mailed the November issue of the SPARC Open Access
Newsletter.  This issue includes an open letter to the next
President of the United States, arguing that a national policy to
require OA for publicly-funded research would serve the national
priorities to reduce our carbon footprint, reduce our dependence
on foreign oil, and create jobs in a burgeoning economic sector
devoted to green technology and green energy.  The round-up
section briefly notes 143 OA developments from October.

November issue
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/11-02-08.htm

How to subscribe and unsubscribe to the newsletter and discussion forum.
http://www.arl.org/sparc/publications/soan

The current and back issues are all open access, of course.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/archive.htm

Peter

Peter Suber
Senior Researcher, SPARC
Visiting Fellow, Information Society Project, Yale Law School
Research Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College
Open Access Project Director, Public Knowledge
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/
peter.suber@earlham.edu