Re: Emerald speeds up publication with EarlyCite

One must remember that Emerald is not a publisher of the
biomedical literature.  They specialize in Management and Library
Science, fields whose articles gather few (if any) citations over
long periods of time.  It is not surprising that this publisher
wishes to give a head-start for these articles, hoping that some
will be cited while their Impact Factor window is still open.
Perhaps the desire for citations is more powerful than the desire
for readability?

--Phil Davis