Re: Emerald speeds up publication with EarlyCite

Alas, yet another slap in the face for copyeditors. Apparently,
Emerald thinks so little of its copyediting that it is willing to
consider the pre-publication versions of articles equivalent for
purposes of citation to the final articles. When will people wake
up to the fact that, as I have argued elsewhere (the September
issue of Against the Grain), making such versions become the
copies most people actually use will only serve to perpetuate
errors that authors frequently make (in citations and quotations,
not to mention simple grammar) before copyeditors correct them?

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University Press