RE: Wiley-Blackwell 2009 Subscription and Licensing Options

Sally Morris wrote:

'The publisher, ALPSP, has made both articles open access because
of their importance.'

It's interesting that we have had two practical examples in two
days of publishers accepting that subscription-based models limit
the readership of papers and that the solution to that problem is
open access.  This is counter to the rhetoric that some have put
forward that under the subscription model there is no real unmet
demand for papers.

(The other example was the papers from this year's Physics
Nobelists.)

Best wishes

David C Prosser
Director, SPARC Europe