SV: Revoked Open Access?

The Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ - www.doaj.org), currently
listing 3.600+ journals constantly monitors the listed journals for
compliance with the criteria:

http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=loadTempl&templ=about#criteria

During the latest years the DOAJ-team have removed at least 30
journals from the DOAJ because of changed publication model -
that is from OA to non-OA. That could be because the publisher
have imposed an embargo or switched to a traditional subscription
model.

We hardly see legal problems in this, but one of the questions
arising here is: what happens to the access to content which have
been open accessible? We do not have resources to investigate
that, but it could be of interest.

An interesting case though could be an OA-journal with
publication charges (where a researcher and/or her grant have
paid for OA) switches to a non-OA publishing model and the
content paid by publication charges suddenly became non-OA - so
far we are not aware of that this has happened.

Lars Bjornshauge Director of Libraries Lund University Sweden
www.doaj.org
help us continue our work
http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=3Dmembership