2008 Nobel Prize in Physics

October 7, 2008

The American Physical Society congratulates Prof. Y. Nambu, Prof.
M. Kobayashi and Prof. T. Maskawa on winning the 2008 Nobel Prize
in Physics. We are pleased to announce that three of Professor
Nambu's articles describing work honored by his Nobel Prize have
been made "Free-to-Read" so they can be downloaded without a
subscription. Links to the articles follow:

http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v4/i7/p380_1
http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v122/i1/p345_1
http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v124/i1/p246_1

We are honored to have published these seminal works that helped
to elucidate the crucial role of spontaneously broken symmetry in
our current understanding of the fundamental constituents of
matter. Sincerely,

Gene D. Sprouse, Editor in Chief, American Physical Society
Joseph W. Serene, Treasurer/Publisher, American Physical Society