Haworth Journals - Coming soon to informaworld

Dear subscriber,

Taylor & Francis Group recently acquired the publishing portfolio
of Haworth Press. I am writing to give you advance notification
of our schedule for migrating the ejournals from
<http://www.haworthpress.com/> to <http://www.informaworld.com/>,
to allow for a smooth platform transition for you and your users.

Timeline

published by Haworth Press to <http://www.informaworld.com/> .
>From this point, no new content with a 2009 volume year will be
added to <http://www.haworthpress.com/>, nor will any new
accounts be created on the site. We expect this load to be
complete by mid-December, and for all Haworth content to be
available on informaworld from this point.

The Haworth Press site will run in tandem with informaworld until
30th March 2009, after which date the site will be closed.

In order to minimise user disruption we plan to offer a free
trial to all Haworth Press content on informaworld between
November and mid-January. This will also give you an opportunity
to check your holdings on informaworld are correct.

Online Access

The Haworth Press licence currently allows access to purchased
volume years only. Once content is loaded to
<http://www.informaworld.com/>, the access model will change to
allow online access to current content along with a backfile to
1997, where digitised. Purchased content will be available in
perpetuity.

In most cases, online access should be transferred automatically
to your institution's informaworld account. In the case of
personal subscribers and any new institutional subscribers who do
not yet have an informaworld account you will receive an email
detailing how to access your subscription. We will send you an
email once all content is loaded to advise you to check your
access thoroughly whilst we are dual hosting and report any
anomalies to the informaworld support team at
support@informaworld.com

Online Access to Ceased Titles We plan to host ceased titles from
<http://www.haworthpress.com/> on informaworld and will supply
users with a list of these titles in future correspondence. Users
will need to claim online access to ceased titles by contacting
support@informaworld.com.

Academic to Calendar Year subscriptions

Haworth Press published titles on an academic year basis
(September to August). Taylor & Francis will be publishing these
titles on a calendar year basis. Any 2007/2008 academic year
subscriptions will be extended to 31 December 2008. All volumes
will be published on a calendar year basis from 2009.

Link Resolvers

>From November 2008 we plan to feature Haworth Press content in
the feeds we provide to link resolver intermediaries including
Serials Solutions, Ex Libris, TD Net and Ebsco Industries A-Z.

Usage Statistics

Currently the usage statistics <http://www.haworthpress.com/> are
not COUNTER Compliant. Because the data is not compliant we do
not plan to migrate the Haworth Press usage statistics to
informaworld. We do hope, after the close of the Haworth Press
site, to make available the previous usage statistics from the
site.  We encourage any user wishing to access these statistics
to download them from <http://www.haworthpress.com/> before March
30, 2009.

It is our hope that this transition causes minimal disruption to
you and your library users. Your patience during this transition
is very much appreciated and we hope that the move to
informaworld from Haworth Press will provide an improved user
experience in the long term.

With kind regards,

Jennifer McMillan
Library Marketing Manager