-----Original Message-----
From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of FrederickFriend
Sent: 29 September 2008 22:55
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

Can Emily Gillingham please answer one simple question: why is
the cost of online only in the per-title option the same as print
only? The estimates have never been exact but we have always been
told that producing the print copy adds an extra cost for the
publisher - hence presumably the justification for charging 110%
for online plus print - so logically the cost of online only
should be less than the cost of print only.

Fred Friend
JISC Scholarly Communication Consultant
Honorary Director Scholarly Communication UCL