Re: Copyright Review Management System - U of Michigan IMLS grant

So, is what we're really doing is measuring the risk that
particular individuals or companies will sue?  There should be
some way to statistically analyze that -- drug companies probably
do that all the time balancing the risk the x percentage of users
will die and sue vs. the profits from the 99 percent of people
who benefit. That would be a useful tool -- one where you put in
the various things you know about a book -publication date,
subject, whether the author is dead, and it tells you the
probability that you will have a problem.

Karl Bridges
University of Vermong