RE: AGU site license - indemnity clause

Hello Leah,

We struggled mightily with the AGU indemnity clause. Their
alternative, basically removing the word "indemnify", was
unacceptable to us as well. Finally we agreed to these language
for section 8.2:

"The Licensee shall not be liable for unauthorized use of the
License Products by any Authorized Users provided the Subscriber
did not intentionally assist in or encourage such unauthorized
use or permit such unauthorized use to continue after having
actual legal notice thereof."

Let me know if you want to discuss further.

Best,
Christine

Christine N. Turner
Electronic Resources Librarian
Acquisitions Department/W.E.B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA  01003
E-mail  cturner@library.umass.edu
Web http://people.umass.edu/cturner