RE: Creative Commons: for authors who want to share

You need to read my other post where I explain that accompanying
the distribution of a work with a waiver of copyright
accomplishes the same purpose as the CC license. But I take the
point that others have made that, in the U.S. at least, the CC
license does accomplish the goal of requiring attribution, which
U.S. copyright law itself does not.

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University Press