Creative Commons in Action, and the DOAJ growth doubled over the past year

Here is an illustration of Creative Commons in Action, and how it
benefits the author.

As an open access advocate who studies and records the Dramatic
Growth of Open Access, I wanted to create a simple chart to
illustrate a simple fact that I had noticed, and share with as
many people as possible.  My friend Devon Greyson agreed to help
me with the Creative Commons illustration.

The fact that I wished to illustrate and share:

In 2007, DOAJ was adding titles at an average rate of 1.2 titles
per calendar day. In the past 11 months, DOAJ has been adding new
titles at an average rate of 2.2 titles per calendar day.

That is, not only is DOAJ continuing to grow at an amazing rate -
the growth rate itself is growing; the DOAJ growth rate has
nearly doubled in the past year.

I created a simple chart and blogpost to illustrate and explain
this fact, which can be found at:
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com/2008/08/doaj-growth-rate-nearly-
doubles-in-past.html

Devon Greyson took content from my blogpost and added another
chart of her own, illustrating both the growth rate of DOAJ per
se and the growth of the growth rate, which can be found on
Social Justice Librarian, at:
http://sjlibrarian.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/doaj-continued-growth-
plus-a-creative-commons-bonus/

I created a third post, including Devon's chart:
http://sjlibrarian.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/doaj-continued-growth-
plus-a-creative-commons-bonus/

Because both The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics and Social
Justice Librarian employ similar Creative Commons licenses, it is
very clear to everyone that such uses are permitted.  That is,
not just copying content, but creating derivatives as well.

As an author, my audience has expanded to include readers of
Social Justice Librarian.  I created one chart, but now I have
two at my disposal.

Please feel free to make use of either of the charts, or
blogposts, within the CC context (that is, please cite the
author, and don't sell the content and keep the money for
yourself!).

For example, if you think one of the charts would make a great
addition to a presentation you're doing on OA - please go for it!
No need to seek permission for this.

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is that of the author alone,
and does not represent the opinion or policy of BC Electronic
Library Network or Simon Fraser University Library.

Heather Morrison, MLIS