IFLA Programme: USERS' RIGHTS - CLM Programme

Of possible interest to readers of this list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Winston Tabb [mailto:wtabb@jhu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:44 AM

What rights do libraries have?  What rights do we need?  How do
we secure these rights?  If you are interested in answers to
these questions, please attend CLM's IFLA 2008 programme in
Quebec City:

Thursday 14 August 2008

Users' rights: making copyright work for libraries

*Copyright exceptions and limitations for libraries: an elusive
quest?
        KENNETH CREWS (Columbia University, New York City, USA)

*Libraries in the digital age: minimum copyright provisions
        TERESA HACKETT (eIFL, Ireland)

*Canada, copyright and the common good
        MARK HASLETT (University of Waterloo, Canada)

*Fair use is not civil disobedience: a report on library
exceptions from the front lines of the 108 Study Group
        JAMES NEAL (Columbia University, New York, USA)

*The Gowers review: extending the UK's copyright exceptions
        BARBARA STRATTON (CILIP, London, UK)

Winston Tabb
Sheridan Dean of University Libraries and Museums, and
Vice Provost for the Arts
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD  21218