Strong growth in Hindawi's Impact Factors

Strong growth in Hindawi's Impact Factors

Press Release
July 28, 2008

Hindawi Publishing Corporation has once again seen solid growth
in the Impact Factors of its journals, according to the 2007
Journal Citation Report. Hindawi has nine journals that were
included in the previous Journal Citation Report, and the average
Impact Factors of these journals rose by more than 14%. In
addition, five of Hindawi's journals received Impact Factors for
the first time this year.

"I am very pleased by the growth that we have seen in the Impact
Factors of our journals, since Impact Factors are one of the most
widely used measures of a journal's quality" said Mohamed Hamdy,
Hindawi's Editorial Manager. "While Impact Factors may not be a
perfect metric for evaluating a journal, the growth that we have
seen is an encouraging sign that our journals are further
establishing themselves in their respective fields."

In addition to the fourteen Hindawi journals that currently have
Impact Factors, three more titles are scheduled to receive their
first Impact Factor next year, and many more titles are currently
under review.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
paul.peters@hindawi.com
http://www.hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing open access
publisher, with more than 120 fully Open Access journals covering
a wide range of subjects in Science, Technology, and Medicine.

####