Wiley-Blackwell To Publish The Laryngoscope

Wiley-Blackwell

Media Contact:
Amy Molnar
Wiley
201-748-8844
amolnar@wiley.com

For Immediate Release

Wiley-Blackwell To Publish The Laryngoscope

Hoboken, N.J., July 25, 2008 - Wiley-Blackwell, the scientific,
technical, medical, and scholarly publishing business of John
Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JWa), (NYSE: JWb), today announced a
new partnership with the American Laryngological, Rhinological
and Otological Society, Inc., (The Triological Society) to
publish the society's official publication, The Laryngoscope.

The Laryngoscope publishes twelve times a year and features
peer-reviewed medical, clinical, and research contributions in
otolaryngology, bronchoesophagology, communicative disorders,
maxillofacial surgery, head and neck surgery, facial plastic and
reconstructive surgery, oncology, and speech and hearing defects.

"We are pleased to partner with The Triological Society," said
Shawn Morton, Medical Journals Publishing Director for the
Americas at Wiley-Blackwell. "Having celebrated our Company's
Bicentennial last year, we recognize and value the proud heritage
of this journal, which published its first issue in 1896.  We
look forward to ensuring that The Laryngoscope enjoys a future as
distinguished as its past."

Wiley-Blackwell will assume publication of The Laryngoscope in
print and online effective with its January 2009 issue, and will
distribute issues to all U.S. resident physicians in
otolaryngology in addition to The Triological Society's
membership and other subscribers.

"We look forward to collaborating with the Wiley-Blackwell
medical content team to further strengthen The Laryngoscope as
the leading source worldwide of information about advances in
diagnosing and treating head and neck disorders," said Robert H.
Miller, M.D., Publisher Liaison for The Triological Society and
Executive Director of the American Board of Otolaryngology.

"I eagerly anticipate the opportunities a publishing partnership
with Wiley-Blackwell will offer," added Jonas T. Johnson, M.D.,
Editor of The Laryngoscope, "most notably but not limited to
extending the educational value and reach of the journal through
digital technologies and enhanced physical circulation."

Myles L. Pensak, M.D., President of The Triological Society,
concluded that "our partnership with Wiley-Blackwell portends an
exciting opportunity for two highly regarded organizations to
optimize the delivery of contemporary scientific information to
members of our specialty. Moreover, the creative delivery of such
information will ensure that the Society will continue its
pedagogic mission to students, residents and practitioners of
Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery."

About The Triological Society

The American Laryngological, Rhinological and Otological Society,
Inc., aka The Triological Society, was founded in 1895 in New
York, New York. In the more than 100 years since its founding,
the Triological Society has attracted the best and brightest in
academic and clinical otolaryngology. Membership in the
Triological Society brings the distinction of being elected to
the most prestigious society in otolaryngology.  Active
Fellowship is achieved by presenting a thesis in the field of
otolaryngology considered acceptable to a panel of peers.  For
those entering the field of otolaryngology, the Society provides
role models. For those who are committed to research and related
scholarly activity, the Society offers fellowship with
like-minded peers who share common values, interests, and
concerns. The Society disseminates scientific information by
presenting the latest basic science and clinical information at
scientific meetings and through publication of its scientific
journal, The Laryngoscope. The Society promotes research into the
causes of and treatments for otolaryngic diseases by attracting
promising physicians to scholarly otolaryngology research and
supporting their development, providing financial support for the
research efforts of young scientists, and promoting the highest
standards in the field of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.

About Wiley-Blackwell

Wiley-Blackwell was formed in February 2007 as a result of the
acquisition of Blackwell Publishing Ltd. by John Wiley & Sons,
Inc., and its merger with Wiley's Scientific, Technical, and
Medical business. Together, the companies have created a global
publishing business with deep strength in every major academic
and professional field. Wiley-Blackwell publishes approximately
1,400 scholarly peer-reviewed journals and an extensive
collection of books with global appeal. For more information on
Wiley-Blackwell, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com or
http://interscience.wiley.com.

*****