Oxford Journals 2009 prices and other news

***Apologies for cross posting***

Oxford Journals is pleased to announce that 2009 prices are now
available at
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/2009/institution_price_list.html

Please read on for information on 2009 Oxford Journals joiners
and leavers, and an update on Oxford Open, the Oxford Journals
Archive, and the Oxford Journals Collection.

Please contact us if you have any queries at
kirsty.luff@oxfordjournals.org.

Kind regards

Kirsty Luff
Senior Communications and Marketing Manager
Oxford Journals

2009 PRICE LIST AND POLICY

http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/2009/institution_price_list.html

2009 INSTITUTIONAL PRICING POLICY

Oxford Journals will continue to offer standard (print plus online),
online-only, and print-only subscription options on individual journals.
Online-only and print-only are priced at 95% of the standard
institutional subscription price. Both standard and online-only
subscriptions include access to content dating back to 1996 where
available. For more information, including a few exceptions to our
pricing policy in relation to some mathematics titles, please visit
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/2009/pricing_policy_2009.html

2009 JOINERS AND LEAVERS

We're delighted to announce that 13 titles will join our list in 2009,
including Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, European Journal of
Heart Failure, and Systematic Biology. Three of our joiners are new
launches: Database: The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation,
Journal of Human Rights Practice, and Writing Systems Research.

Five titles are leaving Oxford Journals: four IEICE Translations
journals are moving to self-publication and Journal of the Royal Music
Association is moving to Routledge. For a complete list of joiners and
leavers to our list in 2009 please visit
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/changes_2009.html

OTHER LIST CHANGES

Please note that The Computer Journal, European Sociological
Review, and Review of Financial Studies have all increased in
frequency in 2009. For more information on these journals, and
some other changes relating to our journal list, please visit
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/changes_2009.html

OXFORD OPEN UPDATE

http://www.oxfordjournals.org/oxfordopen/

We would like to remind institutions with current standard,
print-only, or online-only subscriptions that their authors are
eligible for discounted open access charges. From 2009 we will
also have a business model for consortia customers which will
provide competitive open access charges for their authors of
their respective institutions. Please contact your Oxford
Journals' sales manager if you would like further information. A
list of sales managers and their territories can be found here:
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/quote.html

You may already have heard that all open access articles are now
automatically deposited into PubMed Central, which is helping
authors to comply with funding body requirements. Furthermore,
for the third year in a row, we have adjusted our online-only
prices of journals offering the optional Oxford Open model to
reflect any increase in the amount of open access versus non-open
access content published in each journal in 2007 compared to
2006. Updated information on our open access pricing adjustments
will soon be posted at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/oxfordopen/

OXFORD JOURNALS COLLECTION UPDATE

Most of our journals are sold as a package to institutional
subscribers. The Oxford Journals Collection includes content
dating back to 1996. 19 journals have been added to the
collection in 2009 and a list of the 213 titles which are
included is now available to download from
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/collection_sales.html

OXFORD JOURNALS ARCHIVE UPDATE

Access to articles from 1996 onwards is normally available via a
current journal subscription or through the Oxford Journals
Collection. To view content prior to 1996, customers can choose
to purchase or subscribe to the Oxford Journals Archive. During
2009, a further 10 journals will join the archive, bringing the
total number of pages to over 3,000,000 and articles to more than
800,000. For a full list of titles and pricing information
(including 2009 top-up fees for existing customers), please visit
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/archives.html

Kirsty Luff | Senior Communications & Marketing Manager
Oxford Journals | Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street | Oxford | OX2 6DP

+44 (0)1865 354206
kirsty.luff@oxfordjournals.org