Update about Wiley InterScience

Dear all

Here is an update about the progress of the integration of
Blackwell journals into Wiley InterScience which covers many of
the issues which have been raised to us this week.  We are
working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and thank
you for your patience during this transition period.  For further
information, please visit our transition information site:
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition

Downtime - There have been some brief periods of downtime over
the last few days and we apologize for this.  We have now
identified the cause of these incidents and are therefore able to
fix it to prevent it occurring for this reason again.

Access to subscribed journals - if you find that your access to
particular titles is not set up correctly, such as for premium
subscriptions or for certain IPs, then please submit your request
to your Account Manager or log it via the Online self-help
section of our Customer Services site:
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support providing as much
information as you can.  We are offering 24/7 customer support
during this transition period and will respond to your request as
soon as possible.

OpenURL linking - we are aware that OpenURL / SFX links to
Blackwell Synergy pages are redirecting to the Wiley InterScience
homepage rather than to the appropriate journal page and are
working on a fix as quickly as we can.  Links to the Blackwell
Synergy URLs which are constructed in the following way:
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/jan are already redirecting
to the correct page on Wiley InterScience.

Athens - the initial authentication problem is now fixed.  If you
find you are still having a problem with it please report the
error via our Customer Services site.

Google Scholar - Some Google Scholar search results are not yet
effectively linking to the articles on Wiley InterScience.  We
are working with Google to rectify this.

Content - 1.6 million Blackwell journal articles are available on
Wiley InterScience now.  A further tranche of articles will be
uploaded shortly.  The list of content which we are still working
through is available on our transition site here:
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition.  If you find that
DOI links do not resolve to the appropriate article, it may be
because that article has not yet been loaded onto Wiley
InterScience.

Training - There are Wiley InterScience user guides and
self-paced e-learning tutorials available on our website here:
interscience.wiley.com/tutorials.  We are also running a series
of free online webinars about using InterScience, including using
the admin tool, over the next few weeks.  To register for one of
these please go to https://wiley-interscience.webex.com and click
on 'Upcoming'.  The next available webinars are on Tuesday July
8th.

If you have further issues to report then please send them to
your Account Manager or submit them via
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support.  We will provide
further updates on progress next week.

Best wishes, Emily
Emily Gillingham
Director, Library and Institutional Marketing
Wiley-Blackwell
John Wiley & Sons
Tel: +44 1865 476425
Fax: +44 1865 471425