Blackwell journals now on Wiley InterScience

Dear all

I am pleased to report that 1.6 million additional articles from
Blackwell journals were successfully loaded onto Wiley
InterScience over the weekend.  After a few additional downtime
hours we have now pushed the Wiley InterScience site live again.
However, please be aware that there may be intermittent service
today while we stabilize the site.  We expect the site to be
fully stable towards the end of the day.  We have also now
permanently shut down the Synergy site.

To view the full list of Wiley-Blackwell journals go to
http://www.interscience.wiley.com.  You will see here several new
subject areas which we have added to now reflect the full depth
and range of the Wiley-Blackwell list.  Wiley InterScience now
includes 1400 current journals, 6000 online books, 660 titles
with backfiles back to volume 1, 23 book series, and 90 online
reference works spanning the disciplines, from anthropology to
astronomy, Zizek studies to zoonoses.  In addition it includes 12
databases in chemistry and evidence based medicine as well as
10,000 laboratory protocols for the life sciences. Blackwell
Reference Online, the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology and the
International Communications Encyclopedia will continue to be
hosted on a separate site: http://www.blackwellreference.com

There is still some missing content from Blackwell which we are
working through.  This includes some issues, articles, parts of
articles (e.g. article loaded in xml but not in PDF) plus some
missing metadata and articles which need to be fixed due to
special character rendering issues.  The full list of missing
content which we are working through is listed on our transition
site: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition - and this
will be updated weekly.

We have redirected most links to their nearest equivalent on
Wiley InterScience.  However, we are still working on the OpenURL
links which currently redirect to the Wiley InterScience homepage
rather than the journal page, as they should.  These links will
be back in place in a few days.

We have migrated the majority of customer license terms and
access rights from Synergy to InterScience successfully but if
you do experience any problems with your access or have any
queries please contact our Customer Support team who are offering
round-the-clock, round-the-world customer service during this
transition period: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support

You will also see here a Self-Help service with answers to many
frequently asked questions.

If you are not familiar with Wiley InterScience then please use
our online tutorials or sign up for a free online webinar here:
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/tutorials

If you requested usage reports from Synergy last week and did not
receive them then we apologize for this.  Due to the high level
of demand for reports in the final week there was a backlog in
the system which has mostly cleared but there may be some reports
not received.  Usage data for Blackwell journals will be
available on Wiley InterScience in September.  I'm afraid that we
are unable to supply it before then.

Thank you to all our customers for your support for Blackwell
Synergy over the last 10 years.  You helped to build the site
into one which has been enormously popular with a large
international user community resulting in more than 20 million
user sessions and over 8 million PDF article downloads per month
this year.  Work is well underway on the new Wiley-Blackwell
online platform which will include many of the best features of
Synergy as well as InterScience and which we will be launching in
early 2009.  More information about this new service will be
provided to you in due course.

Best wishes,

Emily Gillingham
Director, Library and Institutional Marketing
Wiley-Blackwell - John Wiley & Sons
9600 Garsington Road - Oxford OX4 3EL - UK
emily.gillingham@wiley.com