Re: Anyone using the CCC's new Academic Annual Copyright License?

Back in May I posted the below query and I only received two
she said they were a pilot site for the 5 UMass campuses.  This
person also expressed some concerns about the sampling.

The other response was from a colleague from a large research
library who felt that the license might stop them from offering
reserve services under Fair Use.

Needless to say, I think there is a lot of trepidation about the
pricing of this offering and concerns about sampling. We need
some libraries to actually tell us of their experiences.

In the meantime, I received a publication from Ebsco called
Vantage Point - [Should You or Shouldn't You] The Copyright
Clearance Center Blanket License: Is it Right for Your Library?
Apparently this is a reprint of two presentations made at ALA
Midwinter, 2008 where Nancy Eaton of Penn State and Fred Heath
from U of Texas made comments at an Executive Seminar about their
viewpoints on this. My guess is that this publication can be had
from Ebsco if you ask for it.

I continue to be interested in hearing from anyone who is
actually using this service. Thanks, Eleanor Cook