Re: universities experiment with paying OA fees

I agree with this.  I have no real argument with the idea of
bundles of books in whatever format.  My problem is that it
inevitably is the case that those bundles contain a mixture of
items so I end up buying ten items to get the 3 I really want.
This seems especially a case with e-book collections.

It just points out that vendors need to develop highly focused
"bundles" that give the purchaser collections that are focused on
their needs. I like the idea of thematic bundles.

There needs to be an approach, call it "just in time bundling",
where bundles can be quickly customized to the needs, if not of
single users, at least to the needs of particular classes of
libraries -- land grant, public, ect. -- which is what I think
Toby was getting at.