Blackwell Synergy journals merging into Wiley InterScience June 30

PLEASE NOTE: All journal content on Blackwell Synergy is merging
into Wiley InterScience

As of Monday, June 30th 2008, all Blackwell journal content -
including all full-text HTML and PDF versions of articles from
current issues, backfiles, and issues published online before
print - will be incorporated into Wiley InterScience.

We plan to close Blackwell Synergy at the end of business
(Pacific Standard Time) on Friday June 27th and we anticipate
that the migration will be completed by Monday June 30th. Over
the weekend of June 28th and 29th, there will be a period when
both Blackwell Synergy and Wiley InterScience will be unavailable
while we transition and re-index data.

After June 30th, Blackwell Synergy will no longer be available.

Please forward this message to any library colleagues in your
institution who need to know and help us to inform your patrons.
We have written to all registered users on Blackwell Synergy and
you will also see banners informing about the change on both
sites.

Details about the actual downtime period will be posted on each
site prior to June 27th, and you can find other essential
information and FAQs about the change in service here:

* http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition - for Librarians
and Institutional Customers

* http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition-users - for
Individual End Users

* http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support - Customer Support
contact information

* http://www.interscience.wiley.com/training - to sign up to a
free webinar about using Wiley InterScience

Some important things to remember:

* No new Wiley-Blackwell content will be published online from
June 21st until July 7th. After July 7th, publication schedules
will resume as usual.

* Links to journals on Blackwell Synergy will automatically
redirect to Wiley InterScience. There is no need for you to
change your links.

* Subscriptions for Blackwell journals on Synergy will migrate to
Wiley InterScience, with the terms of all existing licenses
honored.

* These access options will continue to function seamlessly:
      - IP authentication
      - Athens authentication
      - Username and password access

* If you have activated TPS access for your institution, see
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition for details on
updating your TPS script.

* For the Library/Customer Administration area, we have matched
Synergy and Wiley InterScience accounts so you will be able to
manage all your Wiley and Blackwell journals using your existing
Wiley InterScience Administrator login. If you do not already
have a Wiley InterScience administrator ID, you will receive
further instructions after the transition.

* From September 2008 onwards, usage data for Blackwell journals
will be available on Wiley InterScience, presented in a separate
report but in the same format as that offered for Wiley journals.
Usage data for Blackwell journals for the period prior to
December 2005 will not be transferred to Wiley InterScience and
is no longer be available.

New Online Service Launching in 2009

This transition to Wiley InterScience is in preparation for the
launch of our next-generation online service for all
Wiley-Blackwell journals, books, reference works, databases,
laboratory protocols, and other Wiley resources in 2009. This
will include many of the best features of the current platforms
and more, enabling us to deliver even greater publishing
capabilities and customer value for the future. More information
about the new service, will be provided well in advance of the
launch date in 2009.

If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Support
service (Regional contact details are posted here:
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support) or your usual
Wiley-Blackwell Account Manager.

We will do our very best to ensure a smooth change and thank you
for your patience and support during this transition time.

Best wishes,

Emily Gillingham
Director, Library and Institutional Marketing
Wiley-Blackwell
John Wiley & Sons
Tel: +44 1865 476425
Fax: +44 1865 471425