RE: universities experiment with paying OA fees

I agree with Sandy. Vox populi Dei as it were.  In subsets of the
market, of course, it is different. That's why I paid $2000 for
my handmade Lobb shoes, another $500 for my handmade Briggs
umbrella. Despite the forces of the marketplace -- which favor
the mass marketer -- there is always room for quality products.
The idea that more sophisticated is always better is the
intellectual equivalent of crack.

Karl Bridges