UKSG Annual Conference - Call for Topics

(Apologies for Cross-Posting)

UKSG Annual Conference - Call for Topics

As you may know, the UKSG runs a very successful annual
conference in April of each year. For the first time we are
inviting suggestions for topics and speakers for the next
conference in Torquay, UK to be held on the 30th March-1st April
2009.

The conference is attended by librarians, publishers and
intermediaries, and addresses the standards, processes and
technologies of scholarly communication as well as community
initiatives - for full details of our audience, and feedback from
previous conferences, please visit: www.uksg.org/

Suggestions should be in the format of a brief synopsis and ideas
for speakers to talk on that topic.  You may propose others as
speakers and we will contact them should the topic be picked up
by our planning committee.  We would particularly welcome
submissions from those in the HE/FE/Corporate/Government or NGO
library community as well as those involved in other initiatives
of interest to the UKSG community (www.uksg.org/about).
Suggestions may be for plenary sessions or for the smaller break
out sessions.

All speakers receive travel expenses and accommodation in
addition to the free delegate place.

You can review previous annual conference presentations at:
http://www.uksg.org/events/annualconference.  If I can provide
any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Please send your suggestions/proposals (not the final
presentation at this stage) to: marketing@uksg.org or
bev.acreman@tandf.co.uk by the end of June 2008.

Bev Acreman
Marketing Officer, UKSG
Global Marketing & Customer Services Director, Journals
Taylor & Francis