RE: universities experiment with paying OA fees

I guess if you see being "cost-effective" as the highest value
Wal-Mart is your best model.  However, there are a whole host of
other values that matter just as much -- quality of service,
caring for the user, etc.

I think many of us have seen the idea of pushing
cost-effectiveness at the expense of everything else in our
institutions.  I would say many of us are somewhat dubious about
the outcomes resulting from that.

Karl Bridges