New book available on licensing e-resources

Good Morning:

As many of us know, very little educational material is available for the new electronic resources librarian who has no experience with licensing or negotiating pricing for databases and e-journals. After ARL stopped offering their online licensing course (which Trisha Davis and I co-taught in its final two years), I wanted to find another way to teach others what I have learned, often the hard way. I am hopeful that the publication of my book--Licensing and Managing Electronic Resources--which will be out in the U.S. any day now, will help fill that void.

Here is some information from the publisher's site: http://www.chandospublishing.com/chandos_publishing_catalogue_search_booklist_results.php?ID=228

And the link from Amazon (can't believe my name is on Amazon!):

http://www.amazon.com/Licensing-Managing-Electronic-Resources-Albitz/dp/1843344327/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1213094165&sr=11-1

I apologize for the blatant self-promotion (my publisher told me I had to) and for the price, which I can only blame on the weak dollar.

Thanks!
Becky

Becky Albitz
Electronic Resources and Copyright Librarian
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
rsa4@psu.edu