Re: cost of peer review & electronic distribution of scholarly journals

One might add, in response to Dr. Gadagkar's concern, that there
is the added benefit of Green OA for teaching in that instructors
can point their students to the URLs for self-archived papers as
class assignments at no cost to the students. Even if the papers
thus made available for free are not the final versions as
published, but have been fully peer reviewed, they should serve
the needs of students perfectly well in gaining new knowledge. (I
can hardly believe that I am making an argument on behalf of
Green OA, but I guess I am. Maybe I have spent too much time
reading Stevan's posts.)

Sancy Thatcher
Penn State University Press

[SNIP]