Anyone using the CCC's new Academic Annual Copyright License?

Dear colleagues,

We are looking at the possibility of using this on campus, in
light of the Georgia State lawsuit and other issues related to
work flows and staffing for e-reserves, plus the obvious and
potential relationship between the use of a library e-reserve
system and the use of class software for access to copyrighted
material. If your campus has started using this I would like to
hear what you think about it.  You can reply off-list, if you
prefer, and I can summarize for the group.

One of the stipulations is that you have to conduct a sample of
your e-reserves, 20% of your activity, I believe. Is this doable?
I am told it is, but I would like to hear from someone who has
been through it.

Also - if you are participating, does the library pay the entire
license or is your Academic Affairs unit or other unit on campus
pitching in? The 1st two years are a reasonable price but the 3rd
year it gets pricey.

Thanks,

Eleanor I. Cook
Professor & Intellectual Property & Copyright Librarian
Belk Library, ASU Box 32026
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608-2026
cookei@appstate.edu