APS Announces 2009 Subscription Prices

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:  Barbara Hicks
Telephone:  301 209 3202
Email:  hicks@aps.org

AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY (APS) ANNOUNCES
2009 SUBSCRIPTION PRICES

College Park, MD, 20 May 2008 -- APS is pleased to announce that 2009
subscription online only prices will be lowered!

Tier 1 will have a decrease of 8 percent
Tier 2 will have a decrease of 5 percent
Tier 3 will have a decrease of 3 percent
Tier 4 will have an increase of 1 percent
Tier 5 will have an increase of 2 percent

Print increments will have no increase for 2009.

For a complete list of journal prices, please visit
http://librarians.aps.org/Price09.pdf

Joseph W. Serene, Publisher and Treasurer of APS commented, *We
are delighted that improved APS publishing operations have
allowed us to reduce subscription prices for over 80% of our
subscribers, including all four-year colleges and smaller, less
research-focused universities, and to keep increases for the
largest, most research-intensive institutions below anticipated
inflation, even as our journals continue to grow in size and to
maintain exceptional editorial and production standards.*

APS is very proud of the quality and value of our nine Journals:
Physical Review Letters; Physical Reviews A, B, C, D, E, Special
Topics-Accelerators and Beams, and Special Topics-Physics
Education Research; Reviews of Modern Physics, and the Physical
Review Online Archive (PROLA).

About the APS: The American Physical Society is the world's
largest professional body of physicists, representing over 46,000
physicists in academia and industry in the US and
internationally. It has offices in Ridge, NY; Washington, DC; and
College Park, MD.

For more information: www.aps.org

****
Please visit us at Special Libraries Association (SLA) booth #645, June
15-18, 2008 in Seattle, Washington.