-----Original Message-----
From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of B.G. Sloan
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:56 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

A question came up on another list:

"Rather than have us cancel subscriptions because we can't afford
them, we have faculty who wish to donate their personal copies.
However, a question has arisen here regarding whether or not this
would be legal."

Just wondering what people think about the idea of a library
circumventing the institutional subscription cost of a journal by
accepting donated copies of the journal from a faculty member
with a personal subscription?

I'm interested in hearing what people think from a legal/contractual
perspective.

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan