ScieCom Info a Nordic Baltic Forum for Scientific Communication

**apologies for cross-posting**

Welcome to the first issue of ScieCom info as a Nordic Baltic
Forum for Scientific Communication ScieCom Info vol 4, no 1.
http://sciecom.org/sciecominfo

Supported by Nordbib, the old ScieCom info has been revived to
focus specifically on the Nordic and Baltic countries. We are
proud to announce our rebirth and our new editors. From a vast
fund of experience they will do their best to cover developments
and events in their respective countries and make ScieCom info a
true Nordic-Baltic Forum for scientific communication.

To set the stage, this issue presents individual state-of-the-art
reports from all our countries. We wanted to start with a broad
overview, both of what has been done so far and of plans for
future developments. Readers are invited to comment and will
hopefully take an active part in supplying us with news and
ideas.

Our aim is to inspire new activities, to facilitate knowledge
exchange between Nordic/Baltic stakeholders, and to increase the
international visibility of Nordic and Baltic policies and
activities..

We wish to demonstrate the importance of Open Access in the
Nordic and Baltic countries and describe theoretical and
best-practice models for financing, rights management, long-term
preservation, as well as other fundamental issues.

Ingegerd Rabow
Editor-in-chief

Content:vol 4, no1:

Open Access in Denmark
Bertil Dorch, Birte Christensen-Dalsgaard
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/233/99=09=

Open Access in the Baltic countries
Meile Kretaviciene
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/241/90=09=

Promoting Open Access in Finland - The OA-JES Project
Turid Hedlund, Claus Montonen
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/242/91

Open Access in Iceland, State-of-the-art report
Solveig Thorsteinsdottir
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/243/100=

Open Access in Norway - Where are we and where are we going?
Jan Erik Frantsvag
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/244/93

Open Access in Sweden, recent developments
Ingegerd Rabow
http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/viewFile/245/94=09=

Ingegerd Rabow
Lund University Libraries