*Reminder* Early Registration for Copyright Symposium

[Please excuse any duplication of this announcement.]

Early registration deadlines are quickly approaching for the:

8th Annual Symposium
Copyright Monopoly: Playing the innovation game
May 28-30, 2008
in Metro Washington, D.C.
http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008/

Keeping in line with this year's theme, programming highlights include:

Meet Some of the Players:

James Boyle, Georgia Harper, Gigi Sohn, Stuart Shieber, Pat Aufderheide,
Jon Orwant, William Carney, Kenneth Hamma, Larry Johnson, Patrick Ross,
Lolly Gasaway, and many, many more!
http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/speakers.shtml

Honing Your Skills:

Check out one of the intensive pre-conferences: Public Domain & Fair Use
or Copyright 101 http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/preconference.shtml

The Hottest Game of the Season:

Sign up for the new management track: Institute for Copyright &
Leadership Management (ICLM)
http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/institute.shtml

Explore how the conflict between copyright law and culture
affects higher education and your field of work, network with
scholars and practitioners, and create best-practice documents
for immediate implementation at your institution. We urge you to
check out the website for more information on this year's
exciting events, including: "Game Night", our Opening Night
reception, focused roundtables & the "Re-mix Contest".

To register for the 2008 Symposium see http://tinyurl.com/ypg33b

We also encourage you to come early to participate in either a
pre-conference course or the Institute for Copyright Leadership
and Management (ILCM) track. The new focused ILCM track is
designed to increase registrants' capacity for change management
and to lead copyright initiatives on their campuses. Please see
the website for more details and fees.

Full details may be found at http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008.
Registration is available at http://tinyurl.com/ypg33b.

Olga Francois, Assistant Director
Center for Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
Adelphi, MD 20783
http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008/