HighWire Appoints Key Staff in US and UK

HighWire Press made the following announcement this week at UKSG:
http://highwire.stanford.edu/inthepress/stories/HW_NewStaff2008.doc

- - - -

HighWire Press Ramps Up Support for Publisher 2.0 with Two Key Staff
Appointments in the US and the UK

7 April 2008 (Stanford, CA)

In support of expanding global service and publishing tools
development, HighWire Press is pleased to announce two key
strategic staff additions. Joining the team are Dominic Mitchell,
who will establish HighWire's first full-time European presence
in his role as UK-based Journal Manager, and Xenia Prionas
Siller, in a Technical Manager role based out of HighWire's
Stanford University offices.

"HighWire has vital new projects underway as well as new
publishers joining the HighWire community," said HighWire's
Director, John are fortunate to welcome such experienced
professionals to our staff to support the success of these
initiatives."

Joining the staff of more than a dozen in-house professional
publisher services managers who serve HighWire's more than 140
publishers customers, Dominic Mitchell is based in London, UK and
will help to expand local publisher support from within the
European time zone.  For the past eight years, Dom has been the
online development manager with the BMJ Publishing Group, dealing
directly with HighWire as technical liaison for their collection
of 26 online journals.

"I've always enjoyed working with HighWire as a customer and feel
that the service provided to publishers is top notch," said Mr.
Mitchell. "I'm excited to be able to be a part of that team."

Xenia Prionas Siller, HighWire's newest Technical Manager, will
be a vital part of HighWire's expansion of products and services.
HighWire is already building on the flexible new H2O platform to
create new product lines as well as publisher toolkits.  Xenia
will be participating in a variety of initiatives related to this
growth.

Prior to joining HighWire, Xenia Siller worked for Atypon Systems
for 8 years in program management, client services, and software
development. Xenia's extensive experience in electronic hosting
technologies as well as her outstanding success working with
scholarly publishers makes her the ideal candidate to lead
HighWire=92s new initiatives.

"I'm excited to be able to work in a dynamic and creative
organization like HighWire," said Xenia. "HighWire combines
innovative technology with a rich academic tradition and
progressive work environment."

"We are very pleased to add Dominic and Xenia to our growing team
of experienced professionals," said Julie Noblitt, Associate
Director of HighWire Press.  "Each of them comes with deep
experience in our industry and will be invaluable additions to
our ongoing program of building on and improving the services
that we provide to our publishers."

HighWire's new electronic publishing platform, H2O, debuted in
March 2008 with the public beta release of the new Proceedings of
the National Academy website (beta.pnas.org).  The underlying
infrastructure is web-services-oriented, flexible and permeable,
allowing HighWire and its publishers to easily layer new software
and services to their sites that will meet the ever-changing
needs of today's online readers.  HighWire will be releasing
interactive publishing, dynamic content development and a set of
internet marketing tools that enable publishers to react quickly
to the market and experiment with new models and ideas.

With the expertise of their current and new highly experienced
e-publishing experts staff, HighWire will be expanding its books
and other non-journal content systems to facilitate the hosting
of HighWire's publishers' collections on a larger scale.

# # #

About HighWire Press

HighWire Press, a division of the Stanford University Libraries,
provides online site development and hosting solutions to the
scholarly publishing community. HighWire produces the definitive
online versions of high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and other
scholarly content in many disciplines. Since 1995, HighWire has
partnered with influential societies, university presses and
other publishers to create a vast database of the finest, fully
searchable research, medical and social science literature
available on the Internet. The HighWire community shares ideas
and innovations in publishing through regular meetings,
discussion forums, and through the service of its unique blend of
highly qualified staff.  http://highwire.stanford.edu

Contact: Bonnie Zavon, Public Relations
HighWire Press-Stanford University
1454 Page Mill Rd. Palo Alto, CA  94304