RE: License question - UN Convention on Contracts

I did a quick read of this Convention.  In my opinion, it differs
from American contract law in a how a contract is formed, how a
contract is legally terminated, what damages are available for
breach of a contract, etc.  The most important difference from
American contract law that I found was stated in the annotated
text of Article 11, that:  "A contract of sale need not be
concluded in or evidenced by writing and is not subject to any
other requirement as to form. It may be proved by any means,
including witnesses."

This ability to form a contract without putting it in writing or
using sales forms is different than the usual United States
contract law.  U.S. law equires certain sales over $500, for sale
of land, or some other situations, to be in writing or be invalid
(Statute of Frauds).

In other words, it is much easier to form a contract under this
Convention and it is useful to be know that you have to be clear
with the other party if you wish to avoid forming a contract.

Linda K. Hopkins
Attorney at Law, Intelliware Int'l Law Firm
449 South Owasso Boulevard West, Roseville, MN  55113Phone: 651-481-0177; Email: lin.hopkins@hotmail.com